HOW TO HOST AN INTERNATIONAL VISITING SCHOLAR
If you are interested in hosting an International Visiting Scholar, please start the following process at least three months in advance of the scholar’s arrival date. Advance preparation makes the entire process much more successful for all involved!
Contact the Office of International Programs (OIP) at 273-6807 to discuss -
- Visa and immigration requirements for scholars
- Potential tax implications for host department/scholar if compensation is offered
- Potential Office of Business Operations paperwork for scholar, if compensation is offered
Request & receive the required supervisory approval -
- Dean approval if compensation is offered
- Department Head approval if no compensation is offered
Complete the required Host Entry in the UNI International Visitor Registry
Coordinate with OIP secretary to complete final preparations for your visiting scholar’s successful arrival on campus.
Please contact OIP secretary Kathleen Sihler at firstname.lastname@example.org 273-6807 if you have any questions.