HOW TO HOST AN INTERNATIONAL VISITING SCHOLAR
If you are interested in hosting an International Visiting Scholar, please start the following process at least three months in advance of the scholar’s arrival date. Advance preparation makes the entire process much more successful for all involved!
1. Contact the Office of International Programs (OIP) at 273-6807 to discuss -
- Visa and immigration requirements for scholars
- Potential tax implications for host department/scholar, if compensation is offered
- Potential Office of Business Operations paperwork for scholar, if compensation is offered
2. Request & receive the required supervisory approval -
- Dean and Department Head approval is required, if compensation is offered
- Department Head notification required, if no compensation is offered
3. Complete the required Host Entry in the UNI International Visitor Registry
4. Coordinate with OIP secretary to complete final preparations for your visiting scholar’s successful arrival on campus.
Please contact OIP secretary Marge Budensiek at email@example.com 273-6807 if you have any questions.